Bradenton, Florida – Manatee County Counseling Resources
You find yourself at the center of a Bradenton divorce. Now what? You don’t have to face your divorce in Bradenton, Florida alone. There’s a large community of professional counselors in Bradenton and Manatee who can help you sort through the complex feelings involved in any divorce. Divorce means change, but the change doesn’t have to be destructive: a Bradenton, Florida divorce is also an opportunity to let go of unhealthy dynamics and take charge of your future. Don’t let your unresolved feelings sabotage your divorce plan. Check out the counseling resources below to help you become a stronger, better person; this is a comprehensive guide to counseling in Manatee County.
If you’re facing a Bradenton divorce, it’s natural to feel grief and loss. Counseling can help you face your divorce in Bradenton and start the healing process. If you find yourself looking for divorce lawyers in Bradenton, Florida, you should also consider visiting a professional counselor anywhere in Manatee County. Divorce attorneys can give you divorce advice in Bradenton, but only a counselor can provide a safe, secure opportunity to deal with all the feelings a divorce naturally brings on. This is especially important since the negativity surrounding a Bradenton divorce can create problems at the very time you’re making important decisions about your future. When looking for a counselor, consider things like their professional credentials, areas of specialty, and whether you feel comfortable discussing your issues with them.
- Linda Carney, Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Dr. Boguslaw Gluszak, MD With Offices in Bradenton
- Dr. Jim Benedick
- Comprehensive MedPsych: The Largest Private Mental Health Practice in FL
- Center for Change of Florida
- Find Balance, Inc.
At any stage of a Bradenton divorce, relationship counseling might be appropriate to help you transition. If your Bradenton divorce is in early stages or only being discussed, you might find that you can still move forward as a couple. During the process of a divorce in Bradenton, it still might be wise to seek relationship counseling to help deal with issues related to children, the mediation process, and moving on in an amicable way. Relationship counseling can help both partners deal with psychological and emotional issues that might have created conflict and contributed to your Bradenton divorce. As with grief counselors, there are many different kinds of relationship counseling. The most common kinds are couples therapy, family therapy, and sex therapy. Couples therapy is the “traditional” therapy for couples, while family therapy is most appropriate when there are children in the shared household. No matter what kind of relationship counseling you choose, you’ll gain skills to relate to others more easily and understand your own strengths and weaknesses better.
- Couples Counseling Center of Bradenton
- The Encouragement Institute, Marriage and Family Therapy
- Rising Sun Therapy
- The Center for Relationships
- Terri Millen Counseling in Bradenton, FL
- Dr. Dennise Lawry, Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Erin Metheny, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Carol Twitchell, PsyD
- Roxanne Permesley, Court-Recognized LMHC
Many people in the middle of a Bradenton, Florida divorce find solace in their spiritual beliefs and religious community. A spiritual advisor might help you find the resources you need, both in the community and in yourself, to work through the pain of a Bradenton divorce. In Bradenton and Manatee County, there are several religious organizations that provide spiritual counseling for those working through divorce. Likewise, there are counselors especially trained to help you manage your problems from a perspective focused on spiritual strength. You might consider whether you want to join a spiritual community, or would prefer a one-on-one relationship with a spiritual counselor who can help you completely confidentially. If you don’t see the resources you need in the list below, consider asking the leader of your spiritual community directly if there are programs available that might be right for you.
- Marybeth Steigenga, MA Bradenton Christian Counselor
- Biblical Counseling Center of Bradenton
- Jewish Family and Children’s Center of Sarasota-Manatee
- Dr. Sharon Otis, Christian Mental Health Counselor
- Samaritan Counseling Services
- Jewish Family Services
- Imago Psychotherapy Dr. Stephen R. Plumee
- Association for Clinical Pastoral Education Southeast Region
- GoodTherapy Listings for Bradenton
- Counselor Directory from Christian Counseling USA
Counseling is a growing field, and there are many ways to achieve a healing result. Likewise, every Bradenton divorce is different, and nobody can tell you how you should react or behave. That’s why there are so many other types of therapy and counseling to meet your needs. You might find that you need only a few sessions, or that you want to engage a counselor until your Manatee County divorce process is over. Whatever the case, be sure to compare several therapists. Call offices and compare what therapists have to offer. If a free consultation is available, take it – just like you would when dealing with divorce lawyers in Bradenton. There are several local counselors who make divorce counseling a specialty of theirs. Likewise, new breakthroughs in telephone and teleconference (“Skype”) counseling mean you might not be limited to options in Manatee County. You can look elsewhere on this site for other Florida counselors. It’s important to take your time, discuss your options, and compare the therapists who appeal to you.
- Befrienders Suicide Helpline Directory and Bereavement Assistance
- Alchemy Acupuncture and Holistic Therapy
- Lakewood Mind Body Center
- Terry Proeger, Ph.D. Clinical Psychologist
- New View Counseling
- Dr. David E. Mullen, Sarasota
- Anger, Stress, and Depression Counseling in Bradenton and Sarasota
- Sheryl M. Hakala, MD PA
- Psychology Today Listing of Verified Bradenton Therapists
- Lawrence R. Schitea, LMFT
or fill out form
If form does not function, send inquiry to: